Digital Literacy in the Post-Covid Era
The changed approach to the school system as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic requires teachers to be able to enable stakeholders to operate in digital environments. The wide range of different learning environments and educational administrative tools affects teachers’ workload and smooth work. The teacher is the hub for both teaching content and digital skills, and his or her own actions can make a significant contribution to the smooth running of the school’s everyday life. The project is based on the premise that the criteria or assessment methods that are unequivocally appropriate to the current situation for sufficient, good, or excellent digital literacy in schoolwork have not been sufficiently outlined. Due to the diversity of the school system’s service package, the digital literacy requirements of different stakeholders need clarification.
The project is looking for a solution by providing the teacher with tools to assess the digital literacy of stakeholders, to carry out interventions in activities and to develop the practices of their own school through effective intervention models. The solutions developed in the project will improve teachers’ working conditions, reduce workloads and enable teachers to focus better on teaching activities.
- Tools will be designed to assess the digital competences of the stakeholders in relation to the need for both contact and distance learning.
- The infrastructure of the home and the ability to support the child’s schoolwork during distance learning will be mapped.
- Teachers’ own digital competence, attitudes, technology orientation and development needs are assessed.
- Based on the information obtained, the teacher’s tool “How to support children’s schooling by strengthening the teacher’s own digital skills, children’s digital skills and the ability of homes to support children during distance learning” will be built.
- Peer Review of the methods and tools used in the Baltic Sea Region countries will be executed and applied to the project outputs.
Duration and budget
Project Duration: 1.9.2021-31.12.2023
Total project budget and REACT-EU support: 436 180 €
Specialist Ms Jenny Uusikartano
Mobile: +358 50 308 4446
This project is funded as part of the Union’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic