SURE – Smart Urban Security and Event Resilience
The overall objective of the project is to make the daily lives of citizens and visitors of Tampere and its urban environment safer and more secure by developing and testing a comprehensive and smart event-related urban security solution.
The project aims at increasing cross-sectoral preparedness to threats against public spaces and to other urban security threats in Tampere by:
– utilizing and integrating latest urban security technologies,
– using innovative co-creation methods and
– joint simulations and exercises to facilitate smooth and seamless coordination and cooperation between urban and security authorities, first responders and event organizers.
Finally, the objective is to provide local companies opportunities to develop and test their urban security innovations, services and products in connection with actual urban development projects and key security-intensive urban areas and public infrastructure in Tampere.
The project is developing an innovative solution that:
- Can be utilized in the key locations of the project (Tampere Central Square and Ratina Stadium)
- Can be scaled up city-wide to selected locations (Särkänniemi amusement park, Tampere Hall, schools and Deck and Central Arena) and can be transferred to similar locations elsewhere in Europe.
- is innovative holistic approach that has not yet been implemented elsewhere.
- Includes service design, engagement of users and citizens, processes, technical systems and investments (Data integration platform, utilization of lighting network, surveillance cameras and info screens).
City of Tampere (Lead Partner)
Nokia Solutions & Networks
Tampere University of Applied Sciences
Insta DefSec Oy
Insta Digital Oy
Insta Response Oy
DURATION AND FUNDING PROGRAMME
1 September 2019 – 31 August 2022 (36 months)
Lead partner: City of Tampere
Programme: UIA – Urban Innovation Actions, Urban Security
EU grant: 3,2M€
Senior Specialist Ms Minna Säpyskä-Aalto
Mobile +358 50 587 0357
Project Manager Ms Anniina Autero
Mobile +358 50 574 7717