KAforHR – Innovative Entrepreneurs and Innovation Support for SMEs
Knowledge Alliance “Human Resources and Organizational Development”
For SMEs in the Baltic Sea Region to remain competitive in the long term, their innovation capacity needs to be strengthened and the gap between qualification requirements and demands needs to be reduced. Human capital is the most important resource for enhancing innovation and productivity. Hence, the project KAforHR focuses on the comprehensive promotion of Workplace Innovations.
The Knowledge Alliance “Human Resources and Organizational Development”, consisting of eleven partners from four countries, relies on increased cooperation between universities, companies and chambers in order to realize education and innovation promotion.
The cooperation focuses on two areas:
- Development, testing, and implementation of SME-specific methods, instruments, and projects through R&D work at universities, which create workplace innovations (e.g. employee recruitment, motivation and digitization, a more innovative working environment, and more efficient use of human capital).
- Strengthening of awareness and competences in the of innovation promotion for SMEs in the Baltic Sea Region through qualifications.
- Owners and employees of SMEs
- Students as future entrepreneurs or managers in SMEs
- Lecturers in education, further education and higher education
- Chambers in their function as SME promoters and training providers as well as other training providers
- Universities that qualify entrepreneurs and carry out R&D work
Baltic Sea Academy (Lead Partner) DE
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences FI
The Baltic Institute of Finland FI
Tasowheel Group Oy FI
Gdansk University of Technology PL
Pomeranian Chamber of Handicrafts for SMEs PL
Hydromechanika Ltd PL
Centre for European and Transition Studies LV
Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry LV
Vides Dizains LV
Arbeit und Zukunft DE
Duration and funding programme
Project duration: 1 November 2018 – 31 October 2021 (36 months)
Lead partner: Baltic Sea Academy
Programme: Erasmus+, Key Action 2 Knowledge Alliances
EU grant: 845 572 €
Senior Specialist Ms Johanna Vannes
Mobile +358 50 322 5923
Director Mr Esa Kokkonen
Mobile +358 50 516 9111